The 300-question IPIP-NEO personality inventory takes its place alongside the Keirsey Temperament Sorter (I’m an ENTJ) as something I think everyone should do to learn more about themselves and how they relate to others. It is based on the theory of the Big Five personality traits.
This is a summary of how I scored:
- I’m very open to new experiences, but not highly emotional or particularly adventurous.
- I’m quite conscientious, but only of average self-discipline and reasonably cautious about my decisions.
- I’m a strong extravert, but I’m definitely no thrill-seeker.
- I’m generally agreeable, but quite immodest about my own abilities and achievements.
- I’m non-neurotic (emotionally stable) but I have typical cravings I have to contend with and I’m average in coping with stress.