I have never used cannabis, or any recreational drug stronger than caffeine, and if Proposition 19 passes I have no intention of using cannabis. This shows that you don’t need to be “pro drugs” to see the grievous harm that the War on Drugs has caused. We Californians MUST lead the way in ending the tragic social and financial madness of prohibition… we must pass Proposition 19.
Some things you can do to support Proposition 19:
- Visit the Yes on 19 web site, read up on the proposition, and pledge to vote Yes
- Visit the No on 19 site and see what its opponents are saying publicly.
- Learn about the monied opponents of proposition 19, including the alcohol industry.
- Read the L.A. Times article responding to the chief (and fallacious) criticism leveled against Proposition 19: The Law is The Law.
- Visit the Law Enforcement Against Prohibition web site, learn about the former Drug Warriors who have seen first-hand the harm the “war” has caused, and sign their petition.
- Visit the Women’s Marijuana Movement web site and learn how cannabis law affects women’s issues.
- Let your Facebook friends know you support Proposition 19! and “like” their Facebook page.
- Vote on November 2!
My other relevant blog posts:
- Obama: No Change on Cannabis, Just Jokes
- America, The War On Drugs Has Failed: Where Is Your Outrage?
- The Top 20 Most Dangerous Drugs
- Happy National Smoke Marijuana Day!
Fox News: Conservatives Against Marijuana Prohibition
CBS 60 Minutes: The War Next Door
2002 John Stossel Documentary on The War on Drugs in Columbia